Her writing career began at the tender age of nine when she self-published and distributed a newspaper for her fellow classmates. Unfortunately, her grade-school principal Mr. Clark didn’t appreciate the competition and put her out of business after one best-selling issue.
Undaunted, Koko continued to write and read everything she could get her hands on. She honed her writing skills as a staff writer on her college’s newspaper, writing obituaries for the local newspaper, and even teaching American Literature.
One day, while daydreaming in bed, she came up with the idea for her first erotic manuscript. Taking a hiatus from teaching, she had enough time on her hands to flesh out the story in two short weeks. A month later, she cleaned it up and sent it to Ellora’s Cave . By January, she received a revision letter from one of their editors and by March she signed a contract for her vampire erotic novel Charmed.
Koko calls the east coast of Florida home. Even though she’s a multipublished author of interracial erotic romance, she has a life. She loves to travel (three continents, 20+ countries and 38 states so far), shop in thrift stores, ride motorcycles, and volunteering.
10 Non-Essential Facts About Koko Brown:
1. She believes in reincarnation
2. Toni Morrison’s The Bluest Eye is her favorite book
3. She wishes she could have taken ballet classes with her favorite actors James Dean and Eartha Kitt
4. Prague, London and Savannah are favorite cities
5. She’s been in love on several occassions, but believes she hasn’t met her soulmate
6. She’s very conservative, but extremely open minded
7. She wants to earn a pilots license
8. She wants to tour Latin America on the back of a motorcycle
9. She hates reality TV
10. She has a fetish for reading “casual encounter” ads on Craigslist